Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Plunge Into My Neophyte Parenting Skills


Yes... I just gave a parenting seminar to a group of employees of a particular company here in Cagayan de Oro City.  Well those that know me would not be able to believe it since I was and am  only married for 2 years and 2 months with a 1 year and 5 month old baby.   So I am just a parent for the latters span of time. 

Now I can imagine what your next question would be.  "How could a 1 year old parent give parenting training to employees who are older in parenting years than her?"  But please just spare me for a while for such curiosity.  Just allow me to stress that when I met ate Joy, a friend and at same time the Parenting seminar organizer of their company, I declare that it was never an accident.  I just felt that time that with my course, background in giving trainings and my advocacy of raising emotionally intelligent children, God wanted me to share what I’ve got.  How could I say NO to Someone whose strength and confidence I felt to have commissioned me to go and do the formation. 

During the seminar, of course the introduction sounded like “  I am not here as an expert.  I am here to facilitate, share,  listen and learn from you”  (hahaha such a great armor of defense).   Young as I am in parenting would mean that there are a lot of things that I can learn from the participants themselves ( hmmm i liked so much listening from the 'older' ones' stories).  I felt so confident with that.   And then I just felt that the participants were so alive, participative and we had so much fun during the sessions.

Though there was not much time allocated with so many things that I wanted so much to share, I felt that I have maximized and shared what the participants deserved to get.  I was just so amazed that after the seminar, the committee evaluation favoured my delivery that they wanted me to handle the future batches. 


God is so good… God is so great…AmenJ ... 

PS...for the next batches...i hope to share and strengthen ...family spirituality...this is one thing that i regretted that i slightly touched:-)  way to go dearest God :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment