Monday, November 25, 2013

HUMILITY EQUALS TRUTH

http://www.zazzle.ca/erasmus+tshirts
I heard the title above from a priest that delivered his Sunday homily at the Church’s pulpit.  It rang like a loud Church bell signalling the churchgoers to come and join the “festive” celebration to remain humble in the midst of life’s circumstance.

What did that priest discuss about it?  Acceptance of the truth about ourselves is tantamount to being humble and vise versa.  Humility is a challenge.  We like to polish ourselves in  front of people.  We want to put on the best curtain during fiesta.  Or bring out the best set of plates and silverwares to entertain our guests at home (I observed my own mother doing this since my childhood years).

When I was a kid, I would wear new dress during special celebrations like birthday, Christmas and fiesta.  In my school projects, I would strive to lavishly decorate my projects to get higher marks believing that it could tempt teachers to give me higher rating if I did it (which I did heheh).

Moreover, I had low self-esteem in my high school years so I hid in silence not really and fully participating for fear that I may be misjudged by my classmates.  I never participated in the school’s student government nor I became an officer of major organization in school except for the small time club that I joined in fourth year where I happen to be appointed as the president since there was no other “more qualified one” among the members. 

Even with my family financial status, there was nothing to boast.   My father was only a high school graduate.  He got married at the age of 19 or 20 years old.  He had to double his effort being a simple labourer of a pineapple company.  My mother was a fulltime housewife.  Yet, realizing that the family needs more financial help, they had to have other means of supporting us.  Papa started rent a farm while mama started her small broiler chicken business.

There were 6 of us children that had to be fed, clothed and sent to school.  I could not imagine how they were able to sustain all of us but they did with so much commitment and dedication.  When I was in college, all my older 4 siblings have graduated.  While I was on my way to finishing mine, my mother passed away through a vehicular accident.  I was left so lost and almost stopped my studies.  But God’s grace and divine intervention I survived that tough test.

When I was so close to pain, I felt “naked” with the reality that life can just end anytime.  It humbles me to realize that I have no hold to life except those small things that I can manage and control …just within my reach.  But even those can be surrendered, lifted up and offered to God realizing that I do not own anything in this world.  That is the truth.  And that for me is humility.

Now I am living with a very simple truth.  I am married.  I no longer live alone.  I like the idea of going home from work seeing my daughter and husband  at night (i go home a little late than most of the workers i think...i do afternoon and night classes) so excited for me to be home.  At the moment, we only rent a small house in a low-cost housing subdivision.  Yet I joyfully celebrate having my oh so beautiful family …AMEN AND  THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

One day soon, we will have our own house that will become our “love nest”… GOD NEST OF LOVE…..  Yet and still, I would highly consider having such a simple structure of a house called home bathed in the abundance of love, simplicity, humility, etc.  And I would contain in my heart the truth that simple things in life are so lavish and made available to everyone.  I just have to open my heart for its overflowing life’s supplyJ 

Will you join me and be ready to take life’s overflowing?  Just one tip though…bare yourself before God…inorder to see His lavishness and abundanceJ













No comments:

Post a Comment