Monday, November 25, 2013

FROM “SENDONG” TO “PABLO” …and a lot more that followed

http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/628509-typhoon-1383810254-218-640x480.jpg
I was frightened when a colleague in the workplace mentioned a prediction that says, the entire Philippines will be another Africa in the future.  Or that it will be erased from the world map.  No I am not joking.  I heard someone mentioned that.  And it frightened me so much.

When I was single, stories like that did not really hit me that hard.  You know why?  I was single anyway so I have nobody with me that I may be protecting or that I may be afraid that I would be leaving someone helpless.  Now that I am married, stories like that put me to the height and torturous imagination of what would happen with the helpless child that I brought forth by God grace and provision (Amen praise God).

Cagayan de Oro has experienced its worst when Sendong hit us.  With Pablo, my daughter was already with us.  Yet she taught me one beautiful lesson in the middle of that storm.  While I and my husband had our prayer / hourly vigil (Rosary, Divine mercy novena) with the lighted candle, our dear daughter was so peacefully asleep while I caught myself so frightened not for myself but for her. 

I could recall, how I stated, “dear God save…not for me but please …for my daughter”.   While I continually stated that in my mind, I stopped realizing how God has brought  His peace so present in the person of our daughter. 

At present, again feel so insecure about how nature has changed so much.  Several typhoons have hit the country including earthquake.   It pains my heart to see TV news at night stating and counting number of persons that died, properties that were damaged, livelihood that were lost, buildings and houses that were destroyed and a lot more. 

I see the loss of hope in the  eyes of men women in the affected areas.  I have asked God several times over “Why these have to happen?”  And still I ended up deciding to let go despite the pain that crept in me.
Why do many of us  have to die or blood has to shed before we would be able to wake up from deep, dreamy, so lost and sinful state? When do we realize that we contribute so much to the weight of what has happened around. 


I do believe we connect with each other and to nature.  That there are consequences to our actions and they all go back to us.  We need to go back to the most basic.  We need to go back to our source.  We need to realize that God is talking to us through these.  We need to realize that man has to wake up and go back ….TO GOD…J  We need not waste time.. It has to happen…NOW…  By all means we need to bring ourselves to our knees and look up…WE NEED TO PRAY AND GO BACK ..TO GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment