Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pray As A Family



I and my husband have special place for prayer.  Most of our dates when we were still singles would always start with the Eucharistic celebration and a rosary  before we go out and eat together.  We were not perfect couple though.  We falter a lot of times in our relationship but prayer strengthened as both and made us survive until we hopped into marriage.

The first night together after that joyful wedding started with the rosary.  It was such a beautiful dedication and thanksgiving to God after such a tedious preparation.  When I got pregnant two months after that,  what we constantly did every night was to touch my tummy during our prayer  time.  Despite the struggle with my delivery, it was a joyful thanksgiving  when we safely had her 7 months after (hhhmmm yes and again she was incubated for almost a month) the wedding. 

At the moment,  I could declare God’s goodness as I slowly see our daughter joyfully joining us in prayer at night.  She is such a lovely 1 year old girl that plays inside her crib every night and immediately stops when she realizes that its family prayer time.  Whether she would stay in her crib during prayer time or  stays in between me and my husband  trying to feel both our arms beside her.

What is my point in here?  I realize that the strength of a family lies not in our own skills and capacity to tame each other in a relationship or the skills to raise our children.  There is something more than the human capacity that cannot be seen but can be felt in spirit so positively moving each member of the family towards a life that we are called to do.  Prayer is our strong advocate against any form of temptation during those trying times in our family life.  Prayer should see us through and should be that life that should penetrate our family life like that of a blood that flows through our veins.

As for me and my family, prayer has taken its  roots.  I would not claim that I have such a perfect family life devoid of struggles and pains. Yet, with prayer, it led us  not to focus on the struggles but on the victories, graces and God’s presence felt among us as our love for each other is being purified.

Pray…pray as a family…Let us all bring our family to God…that is our mission as parents.:-)

God bless you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment