Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Simple Expression of Maria Mikaela ...:-)

I was not so motivated last month decorate the house.  My mind was somewhere else.  Hmmm just work and my family.  Two weeks before Christmas, I thought I just had to put on some red curtains.  I wanted so much to have the Christmas tree but we lost the pack inside the stock room.  So I thought I would have it simple.   I placed everything. And soon enough the day before Christmas, I thought I just have to dive into the stock room and look for that pack of decors.  Lo and behold, we found them. 

So we started putting them up.  Our tall slender Christmas tree was done.  When little girl went out of the room after her afternoon sleep, I was stunned at how her loud giggle filled the entire house as she saw the Christmas tree standing tall.  She came back and forth.  Kept on looking at it with much excitement.  And I was just so happy that I made such simple effort of going into that dusty stock room that reaped such simple happiness of my little girl this Christmas.
 My husband already stopped me from taking so much effort.  He just wanted me to rest in that afternoon.  Yet I told him that kids have a different taste of Christmas.  I just want to do it for our daughter MIkaela. 

During family prayer, she kept on going back to it.  And I told her after that,  that I did it for her.  And she listened so intently giving me that cutest and most wonderful smile.  Though she did not wait and join us at Noche Buena, I know in my heart my little girl carried that wonder and awe with that simple Christmas tree. 


Oh what a simple joy …a simple gift of a Christmas tree to my little girl Maria Mikaela this Christmas of 2013…her second Christmas with our familyJ

No comments:

Post a Comment