Sunday, February 27, 2011

God at work through Emotions

Have your tried talking to yourself? I do it a lot of times. I get to check myself from time to time. This happens when certain experiences trigger intense emotions such as happiness, sadness, loneliness and sometimes even when things are settled and smooth.

I do throw the following questions to check and assess myself before I continue to chart the course :

1. What happened to me?
2. What triggered my anger, happiness, loneliness, etc.?
3. What happened to me today?
4. Did i do the right thing or say the right words?
5. Did i hurt anyone today? or myself?
6. What can i do to help myself?
7. What did i do to help?
8. Do / did i have a choice?
9. How can i let go?

Recently, i have experienced the influx of challenging situations - my niece, subdivision developer miscommunication, and work related concerns. I believe, i passed the test of emotions with my previous losses - puppy and wallet but this time it's different. I seem to simply submit myself to the crippling negative emotions that i resorted emotional support from my sister and again my honey.

I asked God in prayer, "how and where to start?". I learned to pick one stick at a time and let go when i have done the best to each concern. But the weight of emotions is heavy. This time it's the dealing of the self through emotions that brought the most of challenge.

I sought for help and i found it the most in prayer. I got to talk to myself and I felt God is telling me this time to simply open my hand and ...let go...

From humility of the previous week...God wants me to focus on letting go... And so talking to myself to check and assess is really talking to my God that makes Himself present through my emotions.

God is truly at work...through my emotions...

No comments:

Post a Comment