Friday, August 10, 2012

God's Greatest Gift...Our Greatest Joy

Our baby girl Maria Mikaela is being fed and sucked milk through a minute tube...

When my husband arrived two nights before yesterday (August 10, 2012),   he brought with him a photo of our daughter captured through his phone.  I was all joy knowing that she was so well and taken cared of by hardworking and experienced nurses.  The following night, Mike brought home another photo that pushed me to give Mika much longer visit the following day at the hospital.  When we arrived there, she was so asleep with some episodes of smiles in between.  I just touched her for much longer time compared to my previous visits and talked with her so many things  including of course the expression of my love and longing to be with her.

Mike and I took turns with our touches and I had mine over and over again.  I just can't stop looking at her with again so much love and joy seeing her so rested and sound asleep.  When the nurse fed her through a green minute tube, I was so amazed at how fast she was able consume the breast milk we regularly brought her.  

In my previous blog (Our Baby Born - Part 1 What Really Happened) that recounted my experience of delivering our baby, I mentioned of the extracting of breast milk that I am engaging in.  And seeing her consuming the milk that fast moved and inspired me to produce some more of course in partnership with a breast milk donor that kindly extended herself to us - to our daughter Mika.

And I did research on the benefits of breast milk feeding to both babies (particularly the premature ones...) and mothers.  What a bountiful "harvest" that I gathered as to how it could help both babies and moms such as immunity from illness and the passing of antibodies from mothers to the infants...and a lot more ( a link is provided below for reference) including the sense of accomplishment on my part being able to produce little by little and in increasing volume each day.  This is something that thrills me more than my other personal accomplishments combined.  And I am greatly challenged by Mika's milk donor that produce in great volume other than feeding her own baby (oh...her baby's so big at one month with the breast milk she is able to provide...haha Mika's mom is so challenged).

And our Mika ...with her photo above is greatly picking up...  Prior to leaving the nursery in her deep sleep and dream-like state she gave us such one big smile (while we bade goodbye) that made us laugh and giggle.  Hmmmm such as simple and pure joy that one innocent little girl is able to extend to the world in that moment... to her own parents...  

THANK YOU ...our  MARIA MIKAELA:-)...  THANKS TO YOU ALL OUR PRAYER PARTNERS:-) THANK YOU  GOD:-)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment