Friday, August 3, 2012

Our Daughter Maria Mikaela - What's in Her Name

Just this afternoon, I was asked by my husband to run through the birth certificate of our daughter before finalizing it with the civil registry.  I felt like dreaming holding a birth certificate of our daughter.  Seeing her name MARIA MIKAELA, I said "now our daughter has her identity..through her name"..  

What's in her name... you might ask...:-)

Months back i was praying for a name to call her.  I know that it would not just be any other name of some popular TV - local and foreign personalities.  First I looked at the month that she was expected to be born which would be September and asked what's in it.  Since our family is very Catholic and so devoted to praying the rosary, we got MARIA to carry the name of  our blessed Mother Mary that would celebrate her birthday on September 8.  

Second, my husband's name is Michaelangelo and I know that St. Michael the Archangel's feast day falls on September 29.  So I felt the strength of that name be included in our daughter's name only that she would be called Mikaela. 

And so when she was born on July 28, 2012 so close to the feast day of St. Ignatius (hehehe) I was almost tempted to change her name to anything that would sound like Ignatius but it was my husband that told me not to do that anymore since for the past months during my pregnancy, we kept on calling already our daughter inside my womb - Mika...

And so the name MARIA MIKAELA was born with our baby on July 28, 2012 at 3:00p.m.  Welcome to our world our beautiful daughter :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment