Saturday, February 22, 2014

3Ms Strategy of Learning


3Ms is a strategy of learning that is in the context of our family arena.  It stands of Motivating Maria Mikaela. Please don't expect so much.  This is just a simple strategy that was born out of my non-busy mode when i was pregnant with my daughter.  I was so ambitious when I got pregnant.  My a little crazy self just thought of creating a learning program for the tiny fetus inside my tummy.  Since my OB-GYNE stated that i could start stimulation for learning at 6 months. I experimented much earlier than that.  

I allocated time for listening to music, story telling while I touch my tummy, touch and talk to my baby plus praying together the moment I learned that I was pregnant. That was during the first month of my pregnancy.  When she was out I thought I could do the same, however, I had to be realistic with having and not having housekeeper while I took care of our daughter firsthand.  And so I was so dead busy with so many things including our simple time together where I could just do our regular breastfeeding session. 

Since I already saw the difficulty, I had to live our life one day at a time and observed what might be best thing to do to continue with my sort of  crazy (nyahaha)  program.  Since I did not have much time to really stay beside her I and my husband bought books, learning Video – audio CDs and toys.   There were times when I and my husband really spent time to just stay with her when she opens books or watch ABC videos and numbers yet I feel that she has her own movements that I realize I should respect. 

What is my simple premise to stop me from worrying about her learning style.  “I grew up not having what she has right now and still I feel so motivated to learn. Why not leave her however she wanted it or just allow her to explore her books and toys”.  That I could say really went well as of now.  Since we prepared a small play pen for her with toys and books on the floor.  We realized that she got bored with toys already and now she is spending more time with books and it keeps her focused when we give her ABC flash cards.  Sometimes she tears pages of books that it worried my husband yet I stopped him from doing that saying “it does not matter if she tears pages of books for as long as it would build her interest with it”.  Hahaha my husband may be thinking of additional expenses again.  Yet as early as this stage…este 1 year old, we are building her interest and motivating her to explore by herself. 

And so to motivate our daughter, we simply leave her to explore among other options that we lay on the floor for her.  And we notice lately that she spends more time with opening the pages of books and tearing them sometimes than her toys.  Hmm I thought of slowly buying more books for her.  But don’t worry we will still balance it with toys and socialization.  Hmmm she just went out  of the house and out in the street few hours ago  to witness children playing patentero and habulan   and gave her look of excitement with with everyone.  I told her “soon I will be allowing you to play with them Mikaela” …but with mommy around whehhehe.

A question before i end this article...will those children whose parents could not really afford to buy extra learning materials be deprived with learning if they won't have them?    My answer is a big NO.  I was a product of a COULD NOT AFFORD PARENTS...By God's provision i was able to make it through despite its absence during the earliest part of my life.  :-)  God still provides :-) Amen...:-) and Praise the Lord:-)





2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog makes me like following your precious Mikaela's life journey, her growing and what would she become someday.

    Learning resources and motivations are there but in the end, it's up to the child to explore her longing for learning. Giving her the freedom to explore and to choose is great. You are awesome mom.

    Way back when we were at her age, I am pretty sure I didn't have the opportunity of what she's having right now.

    You and your hubby must be proud parents.

    Congratulations to you both.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. halu friendship i am so touched with your comment...hmm i feel pressured though da heheh you are actuall y challenging me to better my are parent craft...Thank you so much dres...God bless you too...and always:-) stay as my beautiful friend inside and out:-) tc always:-)

      Delete