Saturday, February 1, 2014

RAISING EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT CHILDREN - PART 3 - BRINGING GOD,FAITH AND PRAYER TO OUR CHILDREN

http://clgonline.org/sovereignty-and-prayer-2/
This part would entails parents to get into the heart of their faith.  What do I mean by this?  This is really serious...YES ...very much.  It would entail going back into our own depth as to how much we acknowledge God in our individual lives, our faith and Prayer.  
I and my husband were brought up by Catholic parents. I beileve also that we were both strongly formed about God, faith and religion through them despite their imperfections.  Thus, we did not really find it hard to discuss faith and religion.  I greatly thank God for that.  

And...why am i including this in here?  It is because, i have seen how parents greatly and deeply influence their children. I have seen it myself with our daughter Mikaela.  I can see how fast she is with observing the things that we do at home, the words we speak and the prayer rituals that we do in the morning, at night, before meals or some mid day prayer and even going to the Church on Sundays (rain or shine hahahha) that I and my husband do together with her.  In all of those times, I realize that they positively affect her.  

What does it have to do with Emotional Intelligence?  I have a simple premise for you.  My faith dictates and formed me well believing that I am made and fashioned by an awesome God (hmmm in fact i do find myself soo awesome weheheh with all the gifts that He gave me :-) )...including the varied shades and colors of emotions.  Yes,  I am  a beautiful package put together handed as a gift for me to take care of.  In like manner also, our family is a beautiful package of awesome and beautiful individuals given by God to take care of.  

In my journey, i saw how emotions can be so clouded that they blur how we see the truth about ourselves and others and how they can have the greatest potentials of ruining our relationships including that of our family - spouse, children and the children's future.

We may have known EQ and its scope and domains.  We may have known how to transfer and train our children by it, but without prayer, knowledge looses its strength to penetrate the heart.  It is only God that has that POWER to reach even the hardest heart and shed that light and bring peace so that the most clouded emotions can settle down and lead the heart to see more.

So..what can the parents do?  

1.  Be open
2. discuss your faith to your children,  allow them to ask even if they be frightening to answer (hahaha that can happen)...
3.  Listen to how they feel about faith, God and religion

4. pray together
5.  find a way to serve the Church  (soon i and my husband will find a way to do that)  and
6.   bring your whole family to the HOUSE OF PRAYER...THE CHURCH.

LOVE...LOVE... LOVE... hhhhmmm LOVE GOD ... EQ is HIS ONE GIFT TO THE CHILDREN OF A FAMILY THAT PRAYS AND ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AS THEIR GOD:-)...AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment