Saturday, February 22, 2014

Exploring Learning

http://infed.org/mobi/learning-theory-models-product-and-process/
I never had the fancy of my childhood years such as having story books or videos to enhance learning.  We hardly even had a television set.  We only had it when I was in Grade 1 with that cheapest black and white television that I adore so much as a kid.  I loved that TV. It was where I got to watch cartoon movies of superman, batman and robin, wonder twins and the Wonder woman series that was beautifully performed the sexy and beautiful Linda Carter. 

With school, I started at a community Day care center.  Our parents cannot afford a private pre school for us so after my simple exposure at that center, I immediately went to Grade 1 at a public elementary school.  I was not able to read yet that time.  One memory I had related to being interested with learning was when I picked up a small book brought it in the bedroom.  I rested on bed, imagined that I could read and mumbled as if I could.  My mother saw me doing that but hardly had the time to be with me since she had to do so many chores in the house. 

I felt my interest with books.  I tried to read books even  without those colorful photos in the story book. This interest slowly dwindled when the public school where I was enrolled indirectly did not build that interest with their students.  Though I was an honor student I felt so laid back when placed side by side by students from the private school.  I felt I had to catch up fast.  It was initiative that pushed me hard so that I would learn English, writing, grammar, etc.  I never appreciated English as a subject since I felt so contained within the walls of rules on “how to do it” like the sentence patterns.  I rsealized that I would have appreciated it even more if our teachers threw us into a lot of writing activities so that I would have discovered much earlier then my love …if not passion for it.

My parents inability to provide us with learning materials to spark that interest did not really stop me from exploring other means of learning.  In fact I was challenged from our lack to becoming more creative and inspired to be the best person I can be in all aspects. 


For I believe in God’s grace…thus, I praise Him for his ultimate provision…the inspiration to explore my capacities…to explores His gifts that He once planted while I was yet a small seed in the womb of my mother… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment