Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Joyfully Hopeful



Last night I met 2 friends at Dunkin Donuts, Divisoria. I had not met them for months already and so went straight with talks and laughing (actually I dominated the conversation…they interviewed me hahhaha...where I work …blah blah blah…). What was something that struck me was that the comment “ wala jud ka natigulang dang…”…hahhaahha I guess so…with my light spirit and lots of laughter. I guess it was that choice that I made after the terrible series of losses in my life that pulled me down under “six feet below the ground”…a real death from myself …the self that was so self-contained, defensive, hiding …the self that was seeking for assurance of love …security from others or from my boyfriend. I thought that can be it. Thanks be to God there is a God…that pushed me against the wall to be awakened again.
Hahahha grabe ka long introduction…the choice was just to choose happiness and being hopeful rather than grope or complain with the realities of life. Here are the realizations that brought me to where I am:
1. I need not complain about situations…I just have to simply accept them at the moment they occur.
2. to struggle adds more stress. I would rather let go. Besides I have my friend Jesus to take care of things when doing does not even guarantee solving the problem at that moment.
3. I don’t really have to explain myself to every friend that ask about why things are or my choices are the way they are or where I work or anything about my life.
4. simple things make me happy such as walking, riding jeepney and smile at children or offering help to an old woman; ride motorela than cab, eat at simple turo turo kainan, wear slippers than high heeled shoes, eat at home than go to malls and enjoy homemade food I cook or by my sister or bro in law, spend time with children in the neighborhood, hear mass at a chapel, print shirts, write, talk and talk and most of all spend some time in silence and prayer (as in daghan pa jud).
5. go to work earlier to avoid traffic and stress
6. go to mass everyday as my therapy ( hahahhahah…God knows that)
7. have a Spiritual director to guide me in my journey (I feel blessed to have one…thanks to my FRIEND JESUS)
8. Spend time with someone you love (hehe I have Michael to waste time with. Added to that linger with my loved ones – for me family members and close friends are the bests
10. pray for everyone
11. enjoy life each day…just decide to do any good deed or simply make someone happy
12. do your work as if your boss is there looking at you ( Actually it is not for them but it is for me). The more honest you would be with yourself, the more it boosts a lot of good energies. Others will feel your honesty and sincerity
13. Appreciate other’s efforts. Doing that, does not really make you lesser than them. I saw how competitions ruin relationships and waste those good ones. This really boosted me more even without others’ affirmation. The more I do this, the more I make a bigger world of myself extending my territories all the more without me being conscious of it. And..
14. The most joyful and hopeful people are those that are generous in love, forgiving at the wrongs of others, surrendering at all times, listening to the movements of their hearts, staying humble in the midst of life success and accepting in those trying moments… waiting with an eager heart for grace to unfold in God’s appointed time.


In the end ..life is not perfect …we all know that. But…God makes way for us to right the wrongs and to live the life pleasing to Him. We are not made to please others…it is only for Him and Him alone…
Amen…

No comments:

Post a Comment