Thursday, September 2, 2010

STARTING A NEW BUSINESS

By the title alone, one may think that I am highly entrepreneurial already. Big joke for somebody like me that knew only of getting / receiving my 15th - 30th salary and spent it through shopping (hindi naman ganon kalaki sweldo ko nuon). That WAS me (with emphasis on WAS hahahahhah).

After being employed in the Human Resource for 3 months (2009), I had an inkling that I could excel in this line of work or perhaps start a business related to this...particularly on giving trainings. I formulated everything from the course descriptions , programs and training modules...etc... I tried to market it though but did not really last that long. I lack the motivation (period).

Then another one came (t shirts and accessories)...really doing well... in fact we needed to raise more capital to respond to the increasing demands. I thought this one is an " accidental" business but since Fr. Frank told me that there is nothing like that of accident, I settled in faith believing that this is part of what God would want me to do.

But why the title STARTING A NEW BUSINESS. It is just that while i was writing an article on faith and generosity, I recalled sharings and witnessing of many individuals on generosity. Let me share some of them or perhaps repeat in this writing some stories from my previous blogs...

1. My friend that withdrew the entire amount in his savings to give to the family leaving only P20 bill in his wallet but got P500 the same day from his sister.
2. The priest who gave up P500 one morning and got a blessing of P5,000 in the afternoon.
3. Rolando Mesias, the founder of the Sowers Field Community of St. Augustine Cathedral was only armed with the desire to serve God way back in 1985. His generosity made him start this Catholic Christian Community that continues to thrive at the moment and brought forth its fruits of God's servants distributed throughout the world (kulba kaayo ba)...assigned by God in different tasks and functions.
4. Bo Sanchez , a preacher that once claimed he was poor and now filthy rich ...but gave most of his wealth to the poor (actually his goal is to give 90% of his income and live with the 10%)
5. Of course, I would regret this for the rest of my life if I would not include Michael's love and support (both financial and non monetary hehe). Ten years in the relationship (soon to get married charrrrrriiiiiiiiiing) and never gave up ...not ones...(I was the groggy one in the relationship hehe). His persistence and strength as a man was never outdone by anyone that attempted in the past to steal me (hahahhahah unsaon kaha ko ni tatoy makabasa siya ani hangin kaayo iya uyab). He likes to talk and waste time with me (which i like too...over a cup of coffee). He simply likes building that relationship with me worth emulating . Amen.:-)

Lastly, ( unnumbered) My generosity? hhhhmmmmm me naaa? hmmmmmmmmm...ah... hhhmmmmmmmmm...pwede next writing na lang hhahhahahhahahhaha) This item is actually for my Spiritual Director Fr. Frank Savadera, SJ that tirelessly journeyed with me since January of this year (2010). The regular weekly session that we had without stipend (hahahhahahahha). The full attention - mind and heart...for crying with me (bitaw teary eyed ...hindi naman talaga wailing hahahahha ...peace Fr. Frank... heheh)...his motivation, encouragement and prayers and even went as far as marketing the shirts ...through his homilies. I have seen how he was / is tied with so many appointments and tasks including the assignment as Asst. Dean of St. John Vianney Seminary...and wow...he still has time for me -- weekly talaga (except when he is too too busy hehe and me din hehehe) ... and he even adjusted his time when my only available time is Sunday lang...gusto ko nang maiyak ... cry na ako promise...

He invested such time with me that built me up and made me come out of myself. He just told me also during our last meeting that we end (my "graduation") this month from the 19th annotation retreat with a one- on- one Eucharistic Celebration (I should say I have not felt being taken cared of, by my God in this manner.Or perhaps i am more conscious of His Love this time..I feel so honored and privileged that's why i told Fr. Frank gusto ko lang suklian ng pagpapakabait).

The thing is ...this year is only his second year as an ordained priest and i am seeing how he has been doing so many things already for the Lord. One man...one generous man...that has blessed and touched lives like that of Christ. I am Fr. Frank's product in the 19th annotation retreat ...a product of one man's generosity (and I am trying by God's grace to do the same for others).

And so...GESTURES OF GENEROSITY... I mean ACTS OF GENEROSITY...that's the not really a NEW BUSINESS...A business that yields multiple percentage of interest or profit. It does not measure any amount or sees how huge the amount one gives (in the Bible Jesus was more pleased with the poor woman that gave her all than that of the rich man that extended only an extra of what he has). It simply sees the sincerity of the heart.

You may have met people like me... ehem ...sori...THEM pala ... those I enumerated above...they give cash or in kind (hahhaha) or their immeasurable presence, time, love, concern, etc. Lots of them around. Or perhaps you are one of them. I tell you.. YOU ARE DOING GOD'S BUSINESS.

And for those who have not started yet...you can be God's presence wherever you are. Let us start this NOT REALLY A NEW BUSINESS....GOD'S BUSINESS called...The GENEROSITY BUSINESS.

The interest and reward?...ETERNITY:-)hahahahhahah God would be pressured to pay us that highest yield we so deserve...Let's make it the ultimate motivation. So folks...see you in heaven ha:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment