Thursday, July 14, 2011

On Moral Recovery of the Youth

I met someone the other week with the request that i would create a training module that would center on moral recovery of our young people. And I answered in my mind "Why me? I have not really recovered my morality...haahhahahah". Joke lang.

I really have such heart for the youth...our young people. I have journeyed with them when I worked as a school counselor for 10 years before I shifted to human resource work. And I saw how the soaring spirit of the young ones can easily and be easily contaminated. They are such restless but beautiful spirit full of of life and so vibrant.

I simply love them. But I cried with them when they suffered and agonized over family problems such as parents separation, parents working outside of the country, pre marital sex, teen pregnancy, suicide, drug dependency, addiction with computer games, disinterested with school related commitments and a lot more.

With these innumerable concerns and challenges faced by our young people, I could only respond with one thing - strengthening of family values. I just talked with a young person a while ago discussing with me how her decision to cohabitate with her boyfriend was a decision that she made from the painful betrayal made by her ex boyfriend. I thought I would rejoice over the decision of separating from her current boyfriend but, she was compelled to do it due to falling in love again with her ex boyfriend. Complicated huh!!! Where do you think did she get such mentality, values or ways of doing things? Well I learned further from our conversations that she never met her father. Since birth she was never close with her mom since she was under her grandparents care.

Going back with family's strength drawn from such high power and grounded values of prayer, faithfulness, commitment and love of parents to each other and their children. These values are more than enough armor to combat the suffering of the morals of our young people. The young person i talked with never had such strength of a family journeying with her except for the surrogate parents - her grandparents.

Parents with grounded moral values produce morally upright children. But what if children go astray despite of. This kind of parents will hold strong and will never give up loving their children. I am so certain of this (i never doubt pure and unconditional love).

Ultimately, pure love will lead the lost ones. That's God and that's His power manifested and grilled in the pure love of those morally upright parents. Love conquers...

And so if i would deal with moral recovery...i would want to have heart to heart talk with parents for them to have a heart to heart talk with God so that they would be able to reflect and manifest this to their children...:-)

PS...Ang bigat ng topic na to...huhuhuhu

No comments:

Post a Comment