Sunday, July 10, 2011

Embracing Life - First Piece

When I was a kid, i was "hitting all roads" near our house. I played here and there - all sorts of games invented by children such as ;

1. "Taksi". This is played using flattened bottle covers or empty cigarette packs. Flat stone is then thrown at it pushing it out from a circled part of the ground
2. "Shomoy". This game is played using marbles. We then pounded it on the ground to form not so deep holes (hindi jud talaga deep heheh marble nga lang). The marble is then thrown from a distance to shoot at the hole..etc.
3. "Takyang". This game uses flattened bottle cover. We punched a hole on it, tied candy wrappers at the center and played through the side of the ankle and lifted up and down side kick.
4. Patintero /"bulan -bulan". This is played between two teams. Each member of a team stands as guard and played by stopping anyone from the other team to cross each line
5. "Kundisi/ shatom". This was played using 1 longer and 1 shorter sticks. We dug a hole on the ground , placed the shorter one across, placed the longer one inside the hole slanted, exerted force and pushed up throwing the shorter one the farthest distance we could...(etc)
6. "Bato lata/tsinelas lata. This is played using a can with either stone or slippers thrown at it, placed inside a marked circle on the ground. The players' goal is to displace the can outside of the marked circle part of the ground by throwing stone or slippers at it.
7. "Oo Seven". One player stands at the center and mentions "oo seven". Every time he does that, he turns his head around to check the players. All players should not be seen moving or else they get eliminated.(now you find me great at describing nyahahahhhah forgive me fore my overstatement)

There were a lot more games that I played including tree climbing, playing at pineapple field and stole pineapples hahhahahah. I was crazy as a kid. I even forgot cooking for papa's lunch one time because of my "busy" child-like life.

One time when mama tried to iron some clothes early morning, i took over and burned papa's underwear wahaahhahahah and i had such painful "tiny" (because i got used to big ones hahahhahah) spanking from her. I also went to an adventure with my friends to take a bath in the river and passed by a dilapidated hanging bridge and ended up in a half foot width cemented path (not really for a foot path purpose) with a fast flowing river beside it.

I tell you..if dang is my kid...i would be very frightened to death. I could not imagine all the other "deadly" things i did as a naughty child such as jumping from a tree attached beside a house (buti na lang hindi from roof of the house hay naku po but this was my greatest dream hahahahhahaha).If I am still alive at this time, i would stay it is by God's grace na talaga.

But if you would ask me about my world as a kid, I had so much fun. The kind of fun that I could hardly find in my current world and which I miss so much. If there is something that I want to cry out at this time ...it is the cry "I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!" ( crying in silence:-)

And so moving fast forward...The older I got, life became so complicated. I have so little of the glimpse of my childhood years. I became strong and sturdy physically burying the flicker and fountain of laughter and fun of the child within. When people see me at this time, they would not know how i was as a kid.

And so no matter how things get so complicated with me at this time - I get to look back at the beautiful innocent eyes of the child that was brought in awe with life. I did not skip at all the "in-between" of my life but as I got older, that kid inside seem to draw me closer and closer to myself.

At this time, I am simply letting go...and I don't mind at aaooll (with an English accent hahahahha) ...come in and know the "ME" ...I love it better this way...Old ways of the "in between" may not be gone but enriching it this time through the child in me becoming...so alive ...come hop and play ...hop and play...whistle ...and shout.......:-)whehehehehe gigggglee..with trumpets and lyre and bring you to the vast green, green field of life...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment