Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Truly Free


 http://liveholiness.com/2012/03/thought-for-the-week-true-freedom/

Yesterday, I had a wonderful time talking over the phone to a close  friend named Vilma (hmmm..i call her lola....as in matunog na "grandma" hahaha in English..).  She actually consulted me with a particular address of a hotel that we stayed in Manila during our interview with the US embassy ( so sorry I wasn't able to give her the address.  But our conversation ran a little longer than expected such as how life has been since we had our last "date"  that was really more on updating with life. 

What really struck me was her decision to stop working and prioritize family and to get rid of being employed again and build passive income than employing oneself and be pressured.  Our discussion was very "dynamic" in a sense that we wanted movement in our lives. Movements as to going somewhere.  At my end would be ...to follow the dictate of my heart.

Since I stopped working, I had the most of time and space all by myself in the house except of course when my husband is around and I get to stop what I do and attend with him or just be with him.  But one time in my most alone moment "I simply uttered...thank you God for the space, the rest, and the very relaxed mood I have. 

Being employed or not is really a choice.  I was employed four times already and the longest was in the academe.  I loved it there yet, but I was led to a different route from where I felt so productive at doing things I never dared doing in the past (check out my other blog for more details on this :  http://dang-justaboutanything.blogspot.com/2012/06/taking-unpopular-path.html ). 

What contains me at this time is the writing that I am venturing into.  I never thought of doing this.  I was never even good at really being spontaneous and "exposing" parts and pieces of myself.  But by God's grace I was able to and slowly loosened up from reserving myself for the sake of the truth that I slowly found out in my journey. 

God's graces did abound in my journey such that :

1.  I risked leaving jobs
2.  I risked applying new jobs
3.  I risked being "exposed" through writing
4.  I risked being spontaneous and true to myself
5.  I risked not getting good opinions or not being liked with my very honest to goodness ideas in my writing
6.  I risked knowing and accepting others despite strange and challenging behaviors and personalities
7.  I risked a lot with loving and forgiveness
8.  I risked just being me
9.  I risked not explaining myself when situations get too uptight
10.  I risked  so much being different in the manner i do things

 ...and a whole lot more...

And it is so good to be free and not tied with what others say...(hahah this one i keep on repeating).  I guess freedom lies so much on not being tied with what other's say and TRUE FREEDOM when one is contained  in God's Love liberating us from any attachments :-) 


PS :  I could visualize myself walking without  those thoughts that someone's eyes may be looking at me at this time...hahahha....THANK YOU GOD FOR THE FREEDOM).

No comments:

Post a Comment