Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Amazing Simplicity




http://www.flickr.com/photos/miscellaneous/534646193/

 I remember discussing about simplicity with my Spiritual director – Fr Frank.  I told him that time about my struggle with it.  He affirmed with me in that.  The more when one would literally follow Christ.  Hard as it is, but one would reap wisdom as one would trace its path.

Why am I sharing this?  I was confronted with this issue lately.  Being married and without the regular full time income with only a husband to rely on the major family expenses is a big challenge for me.  I realize I had to trim down lots of expenses such that :

1.       I no longer eat out as much as I want to
2.      I get to focus on the most basic of family expenses such food and other bills
3.      Regular monthly prenatal check up
4.      Vitamins to take in (my husband does provide us – baby and myself – on this)
5.      Stuffs for the baby ( I had such a lengthy list from clothes, feeding bottles, sterilizer, crib, stroller, etc. that I had to scrap out the unnecessary ones …good thing my sister – in – law gave us some of her babies unused clothes )
6.      Set aside for my delivery come September (had to continue my SSS and philhealth contributions as my way of contributing to  lightening up the expenses)
7.      No major trips at this time (actually I did not have any for almost a year now except for the previous company travel last December of 2011…thanks be to God I had at least that one).

Simplicity…simplicity…simplicity.  The following are the most basic and beautiful challenges that I get to learn lately…

1.       Stick with the most basic
2.      Submit with my husband
3.      Pray and submit with God’s will
4.      Never to exaggerate emotion
5.      Stick with the truth about myself
6.      Love as much as I can
7.      See my husband in the eyes with his simplicity of dealing with concerns
8.      Talk it out with and express with all honesty with my husband  ( I get dozes of this lately…I call him my best friendJ )
9.      Never to mind about opinions of others for as long as I stick with what is true and honourable in God’s eyes
10. To forgive and continue loving everyday
11. Waste a lot of time with my growing baby in my tummy (hmmm weird but I get to talk with her a lot of times in a day… this is what I call TT & T … Touch Tummy and Talk with our baby)

Simplicity really comes in the smallest and most basic of life.  It does not come with huge and expensive things.  It amazes me how God reflected Himself in the simplest of things so that it is made available with everyone…. free of charge.  I love it that way…. I love God’s way of telling us that He is most available and reachable  in the simplest of things, persons and life’s events:-)
 

Thank you God for  Your Amazing …. Simplicity:-)

2 comments:

  1. We always find joy (GOD) in the most basic of things... And yet some people find it so hard to simplify life these days.

    The wise have started to understand this. Most things are simplifying now -- Windows 7 from Vista, The new Ipad from Ipad 2. Gadgets focusing not much anymore on effects but rather on what can be more helpful. Films are going back to what we all loved before -- fantasy and tales, reminding us of our human desires and our likeliness to be evil, teaching us to be more grounded on things. I even rarely see sex scenes from Hollywood movies now. I guess the world has seen so much of vanity and pleasure, and now is slowly realizing the importance of delving into what is just needed.

    It's good to be back here, friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to see you again in here friendship...you just don't how i missed the exchanges like this...you are very right...and the most of joy and peace that i have experienced right now ...i see so much with simplicity:-) thanks so much for your comments...so true...very true...:-) regards to you ...God bless:=) mwah mwah and hugs

      Delete