Thursday, July 26, 2012

Writer's Responsibility

http://blog.pricelesswriters.com

To whom do I owe my skill in writing?  None other than God.  I have written in my previous blogs that i never considered myself a writer at first.  Perhaps because I did not have the strength of a background and command in the the English language.  English is my most comfortable language in writing.  I tried Filipino but I seemed to drift apart from it little by little and I can't seem to sustain myself with finding the right words to say (my apologies to my country - the Philippines :-( ).

As I went into the process of knowing myself with the realization how similar my basic and innate composition as human with  others, I realize writing grew and started through a desire to share.  I went also studying and checking other writers and I found out the same basic principle... writers have the heart and the art for their crafts and I found real beauty and the uniqueness of each one.

However, as I plunged deeply into this calling of expressing the self, I could not deny the following attached with sharing the self by :
1.  Telling the Truth
2.  Saying it from the heart
3.  Going straight to the point
4.  Using the simplest of language
5.  Stating it briefly
6.  Highly considering good values that the reader get
7.  Making them see God

Why?

I just realized from my experience of writing that when i just mumble words for the sake of just having to share something in a day, it does not reach and reap the fulfillment that my heart longs for.  And then it led me to a conclusion that perhaps, I was not really doing what  I was supposed to do when I write.  And so if there is that writer's responsibility that an individual writer should keep and uphold is to stick with writing from the heart, the truth with the simplest language possible so that any reader can relate, make them see God either directly or indirectly and the rest that I stated and enumerated above? 

Everything that we do should lead us back to God...that's the ultimate responsibility....:-)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I guess in everything that we do, we always need to check on why we do things and what keeps us motivated to do such things. Over the years, there has only been one good source of purpose and motivation -- GOD... And everything else follows.

    Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (for the greater glory of GOD)is one good thing I learned from the Ateneo...mind you it keeps us alive and really kicking.

    You have a talent friendship -- you inspire people through your writing. I'm 100% sure that God is happy with how you are using His gift to you, so keep on writing.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jake...my friendship:-) I miss that so much...Ad Majorem dei Gloriam...amen to that...a toast to the beautiful formation we both had in the university:-) and i feel that we are bring it to where we are...I feel so much of your inspired spirit to serve...thanks so much for your inspiration...you do have the same talent and I hope you would continue with your writing ...i miss so much reading your blogs...please...please continue:-) God bless you always...you do have what it takes to mark that change...in our world;=) Thank you:-)

      Delete