Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Best Gift From A Father In Law



Lately, I was devouring some Christmas movies at Youtube and I ran across a film entitled A Christmas Romance.  Some kind of old though but it reminds me so much of valuing relationships with family particularly husband and wife thing. 

And I kind of looked back with my latest conversation with my husband as he shared with me how his own father (my father in law) has sort of left him some things which my husband brought with him in our own home when we got married.  He told me those are in a way my father in laws gift to both of us as they are ours now. 

But then all of a sudden I just told my husband “ No…you are papa Poy’s best gift to both of us…having you is the best gift I have in our marriage”…  The statement was just so sudden that it made me a little choked…to tears but held myself (truly God’s wisdom comes in great surprises through that moment of encounter).

Just no matter those trying times that Mike and I both had in our relationship or in our journey together, it just felt so good and  so blessed to have someone that journeyed or is journeying with me.  Now that we are both expecting our little girl in September and seeing him so dedicated and committed to fulfilling his promise to taking care of me and our family I realized how blessed I am and our baby….

I thank God everyday …for the best gift that He gave me through …the best gift that my father in law had given us ...  my dear husband…Mike:-)




No comments:

Post a Comment