Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Husband... A Good Man

When I was in high school, unknown to my classmates (I thought), I was so crazy with crushes.  I cry like a crazy cow (as if I know how cows cry hahaha) over some crushes that did not know I existed.   I would toss in bed at night thinking of their faces and I would end up sleeping late waking like zombie in the morning so drained and tired of my imaginary “exercises” …este…  fantasies the night before.   

What is my point?  I looked back with all those times when my heart was still innocent and young and I never had anyone to tell me about true love.  I only had my heart to rely on.  Good thing my strict father was… strict (hahahha).  And I saw how he got to tame the older ones in the family…the best he could (well he was not there all the time by their side and some of my older siblings could sneak and fool around a little wheheheh).

I was afraid to get involved even those fantasies of having even just one good man with me.  My best bout for defense was to stay out of men’s life …but I got to notice that I steal glances at times to see if there are any  hmmmm … striking ones (nyahahahhah). 

I thought I could join the convent though…. one of those sisters / nuns that live really single for life…for the Lord.  I did mention in my previous blogs that I joined several search ins ( a religious congregation’s initiative to finding prospective candidates).  Seriously,  I really thought I could be one.  Oh beauty of all  beauties.  I did try to visualize myself wearing veil and a “habit” (dress they wear on a daily basis). 

But in one of those 'soulful' encounters and search for the self, I could not deny the desire to be with a man.  To get married and raise Godly children.  I thought if I could find a man that has the same vision as I have, the “crazy” defense of joining the convent would change its route. 

Finding Mike, my husband did that big twist more than 10 years ago.  I was so head over heels in “crush”  (hahhaha too early that time to define as love) with him.  The problem I had that time though was that  he was so silent that I had a hard time relating.  In my innocent moves, I initiated dramas of borrowing books, visited his sister at the apartment for our group studies and most of the time, he was our driver when I and his sister had to go somewhere else ( hahaha great sister). 

Hhmmmm I am not ashamed to admit that I was into him first.  He had his own moments too when he got to notice how different I was with the women he knew (friends only… I was his first girlfriend too….hmmmm with my long hair hahahhah). 

Do you want me to enumerate the list why I was different?  (I can see your nod hahahhaa ).  No need of that.  When you read my writings, you will slowly know me (just similar to what my husband found out).  But I would love to enumerate in here the traits... hhmmm the kind of my husband that I have....

1.       He is a prayerful man and leads our family prayer time
2.      He is my partner with everything in the house (practically all the chores including washing my clothes now that I am pregnant)
3.      He discusses everything with me ( and I get to respect him when he excludes some of the confidential matters of his own family) such as money, values, feelings, priorities, raising children, his views about everything, jokes, how he sees me…etc.)
4.      He is not stingy with his “I love you and our future baby”
5.      He makes me feel that he is proud of me even with my bulging tummy with my baby(hahahhah)
6.      Walks me every morning around the subdivision where we have our moments to discuss many things about us
7.      He provides the family well and is really good at budgeting and documenting purchases (oh I learned so much from him)
8.      His TOP PRIORITY is  clear …  FAMILY …
9.      Though he has time with his friends… I never get to see him overdoing it  ….NEVER…
10.   I never run out of vitamins and small “lectures” of taking care of my health for our baby inside my tummy (heheh)
11. He is sensitive when discussions are hot and I get irritated with the sound of his  voice and he just knows how to stop himself ( I really saw him consciously holding his breath and …just stopped and looked at my face…hehe I get to stop too). 
12.  I never get to worry about where he is…I get a lot of updates (though there were times when his old phone just gets to lose the charge and just turned off) from him.
13. He is a very credible man.  He talks and he does it.
14. He gets so excited with a lot of things …but when he decides... he chooses the simplest, most basic, healthy, etc.  for us ( I do like that). 
15. He is no fake.  He does not show off or buy things on credit (I did learn to give up all my credit cards).  He is an advocate to “If I cannot afford it now, I will wait, save for it and purchase later” (so opposite of me …I was an impulsive buyer)
16.  He is a strong advocate to saving up for the future (oh thank you God for my husband)

Why did I decide to run this article? 

To close this rather long article… After lunch today (July 2, 2012) with my dear husband and as I busied my eyes looking at him while he prepared to leave the house.  I just told him in one of those really “unguarded” moments but filled with awe with the kind of man he is… ”HON …. YOU ARE A GOOD MAN”…  And he asked…”Why did you say that?”  (I did not want to answer him with such long lecture of what I found out knowing that he was about to leave the house).  I just teased him “don’t ask me… you know why” and we both giggled.  He then mentioned “someone told me the same, too”.  And I know by heart his family knows him, too as that. 

What more can I say but to THANK THE LORD for the grace given to me when He led me to the right man – my husband.  Hey... don’t get me wrong …Mike is not perfect but I feel at this time and in my life’s circumstance that God led me to my “perfect match”.  And do you know that I whispered to my baby in my tummy one time “you will have a good father when you come out” (hahahhahahha  that one led me to tears ha)? 

That would be the first gift that our baby would have when she comes out (aside from hhmmm having me as her mom :-) ...)

P.S.  I should have written this for father’s day.  He was somewhere else that time and I was alone.  He did give me a call and told me “why did you not greet me Happy Father’s Day hon”… Ouch …strike one hahahahha and I enumerated my reasons which he did not believe….wheheheheh so sorry my honeybear hhehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment